About Me

My photo
My name is Shacora Brewster, I am a sheep to the mighty Shepherd, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a devoted friend,a co-worker, a teacher, a student, and a praise dancer 'til the end. Always remember to keep an open mind. Enjoy reading my life as I read along with you.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Purpose to Serve

To be or not to be? That is the question that is laid upon my heart at this time. A chance to do a mighty good work for the kingdom or an opportunity to run. 


David also had this opportunity and said yes, but did not know of all the calamities he would face. For instance, running from Saul for years because his life was threatened, losing a dear friend, rising to power and having an upsetting moment. Not knowing any of these situations David let God use him in every way.


Another story of a young man named, Gideon, comes to mind as well. He was called to lead his people, the Israelites, to freedom. He did not know if this was of God, so he asked a sign. When God proved it to him then it became real for Gideon and he fulfilled his Father's wishes. 


It is being made known to me that I am here to SERVE a bigger purpose than I can imagine. I cannot say that I am not afraid, for every great mission has many sacrifices, but I can say that I am willing to do His will above my own. These waters we tread are never easy, but with God they are possible.


For now, I will pray and continue to work at becoming a soldier for His army. My question to you, the viewers, is if God told you that you are made for a greater purpose, would it be worth it to give up things that are common? 


 To be common is to be displaced. to be different is to be M.A.I.G.E


If this blessed you, share, comment, or like. 

1 comment:

  1. God has a purpose for you lil girl. Believe it or not, you are very close to discerning what your mission is and achieving your breakthrough. Your mind and your heart are becoming as one with the Lord. Do not let anything or anyone keep you from your divine destiny. I love you Shuggy!!!

    ReplyDelete