About Me

My photo
My name is Shacora Brewster, I am a sheep to the mighty Shepherd, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a devoted friend,a co-worker, a teacher, a student, and a praise dancer 'til the end. Always remember to keep an open mind. Enjoy reading my life as I read along with you.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

He is My Choice

I have a situation that is bugging me..It's not severe, but it is something I really need to get off my chest. 


I was asked a question a couple weeks ago and I couldn't really answer it. I felt so bad for not being able to answer it too. I was asked "well since you don't drink or party, what do you do for fun?" I replied with I don't know, which made me feel just so uneven. 


As a Christian we have boundaries, good boundaries, that protect us and make us stronger in the long run. I hear pastors say all the time that some places or paths we cannot take because we know it would mess up our relationship with Christ. This brings me to my other situation. 


Why is it so hard to explain this to someone who, believes in Christ, but does not walk the same? I guess the question is self explanatory, but it runs through my mind constantly. I wish I could explain this in a joyous way. How boundaries makes us stronger believers, and how choosing not to do certain things are better for you. But all I get in return is "your boring", "your lifestyle is boring" and "you have no fun". 


It is all false I have so much fun as a Christian. When others cry and complain about situations, I have the confidence(maybe not all the time) to know that God will provide and this is just a temporary season. I have a reason to live and be free and not enslaved by this world and their demands. I have an opportunity to BE DIFFERENT! That I am achieving, being different. A 21 yr old facing odds, but still loving her Savior and God plus doing things that I love doing, which is serving Him.


One thing this situation is teaching me is to pray more for others and myself. 
When all is said and done I will follow my God who is the God of all gods and Creator of all man. I love him and He loves you too! 


Hope this blessed you. Share, comment, like, or just read.

1 comment:

  1. The question you have to ask and answer lil girl is what is your definition of fun. The standard definitions of fun may not fit you and there is nothing wrong with that. God wants us to be comfortable in our own skin, it is because He designed us. Keep your head up lil girl...I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete