About Me

My photo
My name is Shacora Brewster, I am a sheep to the mighty Shepherd, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a devoted friend,a co-worker, a teacher, a student, and a praise dancer 'til the end. Always remember to keep an open mind. Enjoy reading my life as I read along with you.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Growing Pains"

Hello Again,


On this wonderful new week God has made. I know it has been a while, but hey I am back from outer space. (for all my music lovers) I have a had a crazy and nasty 2 weeks of this new year. I think this 2012 is a year of growth not just for me but the people around me as well. In just 3 weeks of this new year I have had tremendous changes happen with me:
1. Church attendance
2. College attendance
3. Work ethic
4. Wife roles
5. Strained friendships
6. Compromising


I think this blog is going to be about sharing the growth and understand the compromise.

The actual definition of the compromise according to dictionary.com is:


1. A settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposingclaims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.
2. The result of such a settlement. 


I  have made some (sacrifices) "compromises" in order to keep things (hmm how can I say it?) Chill, at ease "room temp.". lol Compromise isn't just a word for marriage. I use it in relationships concerning friends, family, and co-workers. 
I must admit I have been challenged to make some decisions that I have been neglecting and wanting God to step in, but apparently He is by telling me to make some changes and move out of the way. 


It is hard to move to the side while someone else is taking the lead. Especially when the lead is over YOUR life. It is not simple just letting go of almost all of the responsibility and relying on the other to take care of it as you did. **side note** it is not going to get done the way you want it when someone else is head, because THEY ARE NOT YOU! I apologize that side not was for me...God will sometimes allow your schedule to cram just so someone else can help out and take over the load. 


I have to understand that sometimes I am not the only one growing and that I need to move out of the way to let others grow up as well. I am a God-fearing woman and who am I to stand in the way of His plans if it means I need to move to the side and be at peace with that? 


So to conclude my thoughts, I am grateful to see my husband, friends, and family grow. Truly honored that God is allowing me to be there to watch and support. I am greatly appreciative and appreciated by God and love this new journey I am facing. 


Hope this blesses you. Share, Like, Comment or Just Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment