About Me

My photo
My name is Shacora Brewster, I am a sheep to the mighty Shepherd, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a devoted friend,a co-worker, a teacher, a student, and a praise dancer 'til the end. Always remember to keep an open mind. Enjoy reading my life as I read along with you.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blind Sight

This will be kind of short due to the fact I have to work, but I have some thoughts that need to be aired. First off, Penn State, I know everyone is tired of hearing about it, but how do you think those kids, who are now adults feel. They were tormented and left confused by this man, whom no one would turn in. My heart heart goes out for them and prayers of a healing touch. God has a plan and uses our lives to minister to others and so it may seem strange that this happen to them, but God has a plan for them.  
I was reading a post by another blogger, Katherine Watson katherinewatson.wordpress.com, She was telling a piece of her testimony through her blog. I thought it was a fictional story that she decided to blog about and then she revealed her testimony. I was shocked as I was reading that these things had happened to her, but I was elated that she was writing about her story. It is a beautiful story and I encourage you to read it. She gives me hope, that no matter what God has a plan. She is an example that God always has a plan, we may have to endure some harsh things, but never lose faith because God always has a plan! 


Vile things have been surfacing the news this week. Stories of rape, molestation, sexual assault and much more. The news can be informing but also very negative to your spirit. In the 10 min that I actually watch the news I hear of so much vulgarity going on JUST IN THE CITY!!! I cannot imagine each individual state. 


I am finishing up a my reading of the Old Testament in a year and I am currently in Jeremiah. Jeremiah is a prophet who is called by God to speak to the Israelites and tell them that everything will be destroyed because of their sin. This man goes out everyday and speaks the word of God and though it is not good news it is the truth! So much destruction and idol worship in that time. God continued to warn and warn and warn and WARN his people! Still they did not listen to the warnings, they did not even yield they instead tried to kill the messenger. How is it that a person trying to help his people in turn is being hunted down! God always has a plan! Many people do not see the warnings and the heed the messages! God is not going to let us play around forever! 


I am not perfect and I will admit I once ran from Him, but my people look around you and open your eyes. Stop calling on God as if he is the fast food server! Stop complaining and nagging about small things that do not even matter! Continue to lead a life of vulgarity, lying, stealing, killing, mischievousness and we will end up like our ancestors losing everything and perishing! God loves you, He really loves you more than any one else on this planet! Can't you see that He cares with everything around having life! Can't you see He heals! Can't you see that we (ourselves) bring this pain upon us, not Him! Open your eyes and see what He is doing! See what YOU are doing! 


I am done, but just take a second to focus on what is around you! God meant for things to be fresh and different! The stuff that is going around is mainly caused by US! Stop blaming Satan for everything some things we do to ourselves! Lord I pray that you would just forgive us from ourselves, for we are not perfect and have shut our eyes to what is around us. Help us have the courage to stand up and the knowledge to understand! Lord I love you and Thank you for your love that never ends! 


Hope this blesses you! (so much for short..lol..)

1 comment: