About Me

My photo
My name is Shacora Brewster, I am a sheep to the mighty Shepherd, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a devoted friend,a co-worker, a teacher, a student, and a praise dancer 'til the end. Always remember to keep an open mind. Enjoy reading my life as I read along with you.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hungry?

     It has truly been a minute since I have written, for those that read faithfully, I do apologize. What is on my heart will not be long, but it will be said. *Praise Report: School is going amazingly great and things are falling into place*
      Have you ever had hunger pains? A pain you receive in your stomach when it has been too long since you last eaten. I have a hunger pain but it is not within my stomach or my bodily organs it is within my spirit. I have a keen sense in my spirit that I need to prepare. Your stomach tells you when it is time to eat, just as your spirit will tell you when it is time to nourish it.
     If we do not feed ourselves the proper nutrients when we need then our body will stop functioning, causing faint, illness, and many other outcomes. The same goes for our spirits. When we don't feed it the nutrients it requires (reading our word and prayer) it tends to shut down, which can create confusion, disorder, and other things as well. 
     By now you are probably thinking, where is she going with this? It is simple, when we have questions we ask, when we need insight we ask, when we are lost we ask...so in all these things (and possibly more) we simply ask, but one benefit that we have being God's children is that He gives us the answers. What? God gives us the answers, you say? Yes, it is in our word, The Bible.  The more we read, the more we learn, the more we learn the more we know, the more we know, the more options we have, and the more options we have the more opportunities we have to be an exemplary Christian. 
     When we read He will open doors of knowledge & understanding. It may not make sense all at first but pray and He will show you the way. Many of you (including myself) need to nourish your body, I am telling you once you begin and have a discipline about it, you will not want to stop. Trust me on that one, I made a commitment to read the entire Bible and I am currently in Luke. I have a hunger to continue and finish. Once I started learning and understanding the plans God has for His people I could not put the book down. (you can ask my husband if you don't believe me.lol) 


I challenge you to make a commitment, it doesn't have to be as huge as mine, but make one. Whether it is to read a chapter a day of proverbs or just one verse, do something that will get God's attention and show that you want to know more of Him and in return He will show you more of Him and also yourself. 


Hope this has blessed you

No comments:

Post a Comment