About Me

My photo
My name is Shacora Brewster, I am a sheep to the mighty Shepherd, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a devoted friend,a co-worker, a teacher, a student, and a praise dancer 'til the end. Always remember to keep an open mind. Enjoy reading my life as I read along with you.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bound to be Free

     So almost forty days ago I made a commitment that I would not curse. Well, that lasted all of 30 minutes and then I had to ask God if I could do a forty days of understanding and working on ceasing to curse. I do not really know if he agrees but it working out for me. My friend knew I was struggling and came upon a book titled The Witchcraft behind Profanity by Kenneth Scott. I have been reading this book over the past forty days and it has helped a great deal. 

     I have learned the meanings behind the words and learned how it begins and so much more. I am truly thankful for this book. Now, I am not saying I have stopped cursing all together, that would be a miracle, but I have lowered my cursing to less than five a day. There are some days that I haven't cursed at all and others where I have to deeply repent for I now understand the meanings. Knowledge of something it a great thing to have. Having some knowledge about cursing is actually helping me to stop cursing. 

     It is amazing to see what can change just from the understanding that God grants. If you are struggling with something learn how to let it go. Sometimes they are so deep rooted(learned about this in the book as well) that we do not understand why we say them and then they become habitual. Break the chains that have you bound, for Jesus died for you so you could be free. I am a breathing vessel and I can tell you it is not easy breaking old habits but the more you try and learn the less you will do it. 

     I pray that God will reveal something inside of you that needs to be fixed, it may not be as bad as my habit or it may be worse, but with God all things are possible. If you do things to better yourself for His sake then He shall direct your paths. I thank God for my best friend, who gave me this book. I pray all your chains will be loosed in Jesus' name! 

Hope this has blessed you. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment